Food, Agriculture & Chemicals GroupAgri Business Division
Major Products and Areas
- Sales of agri-inputs (fertilizers, crop protection products, seeds, Helena-brand products)
- Subcontracting services for fertilization and crop protection products dispersion
- Provision of precision agriculture and other technical services
- Contract crop protection products formulation
- Trade of fertilizer raw materials
- Grain & Oilseed (corn, wheat, barley, soy, vegetables, edible beans etc.) Handling and Export Business in the U.S.
Global expansion of the agri-input business
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC (“Helena”) is a comprehensive agronomic solutions provider whose corporate policy is “People… Products… Knowledge…”. It has established a firm position as one of the top United States-based agri-input retailers in the industry through a direct sales network with farmers across the U.S., and aims to further evolve by adapting to the ever-changing market environment. In addition to Helena, Marubeni owns major agri-input retailers in the U.K. and the Netherlands, as well as fertilizer/crop protection products manufacturers and retailers in Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, and Brazil and is globally expanding the agri-input business.
Grain Handling and Export Business in the U.S.
Marubeni owns Gavilon Agriculture Investment, Inc. (“Gavilon”), Columbia Grain International, LLC (“Columbia Grain”), and Pacificor, LLC (“Pacificor”) in the U.S., which is the largest grain producing and exporting country in the world. The grain is handled by Gavilon and Columbia Grain, and exported to Japan and other countries around the world through Pacificor’s shipping facilities. These Marubeni Group companies work closely together to achieve a stable supply of grain.