Metals & Mineral Resources
- Marubeni Australia Ltd
- Marubeni New Zealand Ltd
- ICT & Real Estate Business
- Forest Products
- Metals & Mineral Resources
- Finance & Leasing Business
Auto & Industrial Machinery
Marubeni Iron Ore Australia Pty Ltd (MIOA)
- 100% Marubeni Corporation
- Owns 75% interest in a consortium SPV for Roy Hill Project, KJTC Pty Ltd, which holds 20% interest in Roy Hill Holdings Pty Ltd (RHH), which is operating Roy Hill Project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Marubeni Corporation, POSCO, China Steel (CSC) formed a consortium which ultimately holds an aggregate 30% interest in RHH. (15% Marubeni Corporation, 12.5% POSCO, 2.5% CSC) Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd holds the balance of 70% interest in RHH.
Roy Hill Project
- The Project consists of :
- Conventional open pit, bulk mining operation from multiple production pits
- 60Mtpa wet processing plant
- 344 kilometre single line, heavy haul railway
- Purpose built, dedicated two berth iron ore port facility at Port Hedland, capable of receiving, stockpiling, screening and exporting 60Mtpa (wet) of direct shipped iron ore as lumps and fines
- Has a defined mineralisation of more than 2.3 billion tonnes of +50% Fe iron ore, of which 1.2 billion tonnes is +55% Fe iron ore. This is sufficient to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years.
- Dispatched 1st shipment of ore for export on 10th December 2015 successfully.
- Achieved its nameplate capacity in September 2017.
Marubeni Resources Development Pty Ltd
- 100% Marubeni Corporation
- Established: 1974
- Role: Investment in coking coal mine, Coal marketing and logistics
- Total production by Marubeni equity portion: Approximately 6mil ton/year
|Mine Name (operational)||Location||Major Partner||Production (MTPA)||Marubeni Share|
|Hail Creek||QLD, Australia||Glencore||9.0||12.0%|
|Jellinbah East||QLD, Australia||Jellinbah Group||5.0||38.3%|
|Lake Vermont||QLD, Australia||Jellinbah Group||9.0||33.3%|
|Roper Creek||QLD, Australia||Anglo American||Care & Maintenance||13.6%|
Marubeni Aluminium Australia Pty Ltd (MAA)
- Owns 22.5% of interest in Portland Aluminium Smelter in south west Victoria which was started in 1988.
- Owns 9% interest in Boyne Smelters (Line 3) located in Gladstone, Queensland and 4.5% interest in Gladstone Power Station.
- Has 67,000 tpa equity aluminium ingot from Portland Aluminium smelters and 23,000 tpa equity aluminium ingot from Boyne Smelter (total 90,000 tpa), which is about 6% of total aluminium production in Australia. All ingots are exported to mainly Japan and Asian countries.
- Portland Smelter (a joint venture, 55.0% Alcoa, 22.5% CITIC, 22.5% MAA) is the third largest aluminium smelter in Australia and the largest exporter in Victoria with a capacity of 360,000 tpa (currently 15% curtailment).
- Boyne Smelter is the second largest smelter in Australia which consists of Line1&2 (300,000 tpa, 59.25% Rio Tinto, 40.75% Japanese Consortium, started in 1982) and Line 3 (270,000 tpa, 59.50% Rio Tinto, 9% MAA, 32.50% Japanese consortium, started in 1997).