Machinery, Infrastructure & Financial Business GroupPlant Division
- Plant Division
- Aerospace & Ship Division
- Finance & Leasing Business Division
- Construction, Auto & Industrial Machinery Division
Major Products and Areas
- EPC*1 for industrial plants (oil/gas/chemical, steel, cement, paper pulp, sugar, textiles, waste power generation etc.)
- Investments in oil and gas infrastructure projects
- EPC and operation and maintenance for railway systems
- Investments in transportation infrastructure projects (railway, road, port, airport, etc.)
- Investments in the water business (water supply, wastewater treatment, desalination, etc.)
- EPC and operation and maintenance for water related facilities
- Circular economy businesses such as waste to energy power generation, fuel conversion etc.
- Management of Infrastructure Funds
- EPC: Engineering, Procurement and Construction
A top-class track record among general trading companies in EPC projects & trade in the railway industry and industrial plants
Marubeni has a top-class track record in EPC projects and trade in the field of railway systems and various types of industrial plants, such as oil/gas/chemical, sugar, pulp & paper and textile, in many regions throughout the world. At the same scale, Marubeni also provides a comprehensive function to its customers by combining its expertise in areas such as high-quality EPC & trading financing, and raw material supply and product offtake arrangements. Furthermore, in the Thai Purple Line metropolitan railway project, Marubeni undertakes maintenance services in addition to the EPC of the railway system. Marubeni will continue to provide various plant/transportation system EPCs together with operation and maintenance services as a package.
Promoting a circular economy through waste material recycling
Viewing waste material as a resource, we will contribute to the actualization of a sustainable society by promoting a circular economy. As such, we are currently expanding our business domain into new areas such as the conversion of waste materials into energy fuel and chemical products.
Investments in transportation infrastructure-related projects
Through collaboration with strategic partners worldwide, Marubeni is expanding and improving its infrastructure projects portfolio in a wide range of fields and regions. Examples include railway PPP*2 projects, ports, and industrial estates, in the Americas, Asia, and Australia.
2 PPP: Public-Private Partnership
Investments in oil & gas infrastructure-related projects
Through collaboration with strategic partners all around the globe, Marubeni is making wide-ranged investments in oil & gas infrastructure, including marine energy projects such as FPSO*3 and offshore platforms, pipelines and local gas distribution in the Americas, Europe, Australia, and Africa.
3 FPSO: Floating Production, Storage, and Offloading system
Top-level Japanese player in the water business
Marubeni conducts various water businesses in Asia, the Americas, Europe, and Middle East, such as water supply and wastewater projects, water treatment facility BOT*4, EPC projects, and operation and maintenance. Marubeni is a top-class Japanese player in the water business due to its abundant experience and in terms of the size of the population served by its held assets. Moving forward, Marubeni aims to further contribute to the improvement of water and wastewater infrastructure worldwide through business expansion.
4 BOT: Build, Operate, and Transfer; projects in which plants are built and operated temporarily before the assets are turned over to government agencies.